Empanelment and Disciplinary Committee (EDC)
An Empanelment and Disciplinary Committee (EDC) will regulate the NWH services.
Empanelment and Disciplinary Committee (EDC) under the chairmanship of Chief Medical Auditor of the NTR Vaidya Seva is responsible for empanelment of new hospitals.
Disciplinary actions, and settlement of disputes regarding claims.
EDC ensures that a hospital possesses adequate infrastructure, man power, equipment requirements of the NTR Vaidya Seva, and conforms to the service and quality standards of the NTR Vaidya Seva.
The empanelment process followed by the NTR Vaidya Seva includes online procedures.
The success of the scheme rests on ensuring that all the stakeholders adhere to the highest level of medical ethics. Chief Medical Auditor shall be performing the following medical audit functions:
- Monitoring of quality of medical care.
- Framing guidelines to prevent moral hazard.
- Monitoring the trends of utilization of listed therapies across NWHs.
- Conduct investigation into allegations of treatment lapses.
- Analyze mortality and morbidity under this scheme and recommend corrective measures
- Recommend punitive actions against a medical professional or NWH.